Monday, January 27, 2014

Washi Tape


                                      I LOVE WASHI TAPE!!

To be perfectly honest though I didn't know what to do with it at first! I'm slightly intimidated with new things I don't know what to do with and, even though I loved the look of it, I didn't have a clue. Now I do!!

Let me tell you though the possibilities are ENDLESS.

This card was inspired by the CTMH consultant bulletin board.

The base of the card ( 5 1/2" x 4 1/4") is Honey cardstock, as is the layer under the sentiment. Then White cardstock is (5 1/4" x 4") layered on top. The sentiment piece is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2". I measured the envelope the stamp came in to determine what size to cut the cardstock, then add 1/4" for the layering piece.
Using 3 different kinds of Washi tape I layered them on top of a piece of white cardstock randomly. Tearing the ends so that they weren't just perfectly cut.
The stamp on top is one of the M size stamps that are only $2.95. It is stamped with Chocolate pigment ink but NOT embossed, just let it dry a bit and there is no problem with it running.
Pink Glitter Gems finish off the card.
I colored the sentiment with Honey alcohol markers shading with the darker marker that comes in the set. I'm really liking the new marker but they do take a bit to get used to.

Enjoy your day!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment