Monday, April 13, 2015

Bokeh


  1. In photography, bokeh (Originally /ˈboʊkɛ/, /ˈboʊkeɪ/ BOH-kay — also sometimes pronounced as /ˈboʊkə/ BOH-kə, Japanese: [boke]) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light".
So here is my attempt at Bokeh...without using water color paper.

Using a standard white base card I layered:
 Pixie CS 5 1/2" x 1/2"
 Daisy white 5 1/2" x 4"
 Shimmer Trim cut in half so it is narrow

Using a sponge dauber with Pixie & Canary CTMH ink I rubbed the color onto Daisy white cardstock. Blending them as I went
Then using a stencil I made with different sizes of circles, I rubbed Daisy White pigment ink over top of the Pixie/Canary colors to blur it. Heat set as I didn't add embossing powder.
Stamped with Cranberry the image on top.
Stamped the butterfly in Canary, daubed with Pixie in the midddle of the body and rolled image into Cranberry. Cut out with scissors. Mount with mounting tape.

Enjoy your Day!!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment