Friday, August 12, 2011

Roxie Cupcakes



It's time for my Annual Open House and I'm frantically creating items to put out.
I'm in love with the Cricut cartridge!! and just had to re-create a display I saw at Convention by Lisa Stenz. These cupcakes were on a multi-tiered display and I thought they were so cute, I just had to make them.
Yes, they are made using the Cricut for the sentiment. I used the Harvest Happiness stamp set (C1463 $13.95) and the Roxie paper packet. Cutting the image on the Cricut the stamp set says to set your size dial at 1 1/4". So for the mat I just added 1/4", so set the dial at 1 1/2". I stamped the saying in Smoothie ink.
The cupcake is using the mini cupcake papers from the craft store and a 1 1/2" styrofoam ball. I put Liquid Applique over the top of the ball and heated. BE CAREFUL!! The styrofoam kinda melts as you heat the liquid applique but you don't notice. After it puffs up I added prisma glitter.
I wrapped the cupcake with Roxie paper and viola!
Enjoy the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment