Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mad About You...



So it's been awhile...sorry! As you know it's December and 11 days before Christmas. Are you ready? Yah, me either. That said I wanted to share a few cards I did recently for a really good friend who wanted Valentine's day cards as she doesn't send Christmas cards. Talk about switching gears. I'm so doing Christmas right now and to even think about Valentine's day is a stretch.

I used the December stamp of the month "Mad about You" and the Roxie paper packet. Roxie is one of the paper packets that will continue into the new Spring/Summer Idea book...I wonder if I'm supposed to tell you that?! Oh well, too late.

Stamping the swirl border down the edge of the card with Chocolate then cutting around and sponging creates a nice edge. Putting a 1" wide strip of B/T paper makes it stand out more.

Stamps one large heart with Smoothie ink then mask it. To do this I like to stamp the heart on a post-it note, cut it out, cover the stamped heart on the card with the post-it. Then ink up your heart again, stamp a second heart next to and on top of part of the post-it. Once you remove the post-it the second heart will look like it's behind the first heart.

Stamp with Smoothie ink the swirl onto the paper butterfly, sponge the edges. Place mounting tape under the body of the butterfly and adhere to the card. Place a sparkle for the head. Stamp the swirl with Chocolate ink for the butterfly trail.

Sponge all around the card with Chocolate ink. Stamp sentiment with Chocolate ink.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment