Monday, December 5, 2011

My Baking is Done!!





A tradition in my family is the Saturday after Thanksgiving my sister and get together to do all our holiday baking. We have been doing this for about 20 years and though it is alot of work, it is done with so much love & alot of laughter. In the last few years we have added my nephew and niece to help too. And my Dad & stepmom stop by to help and visit.

The first picture is of the Spritz cookie we make. Now we each will take a dough, mix it up and then we all help with the baking. Except the Spritz cookie. This cookie is all mine.
Not because I'm better at it but because it's one of those cookies that can really frustrate you. I always start my day with a double batch in green which I made into trees. I then went into red flowers and finished with white bars. All the batches got decorations that really brought them to life

In the meantime, everyone else is busy making other types of cookies. All in all we make 8 different kinds of cookies. Several hundred cookies are made to share with family and friends. Whenever I have somewhere to go, I take them a plate of cookies. It's amazing the "Ohhh's" and "Ahhh's" I get. Really fun!

Do you have a tradition in your family? If not, why not start one this year. We only have one lifetime and when our loved ones are gone we can't get that time back.
So take time spend it with loved ones, laugh alittle, love alot!

Enjoy your day!

1 comment: