Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Beauty From Ashes



This card was created after seeing a similar card on Karen's blog. I thought it was so beautiful. I'm just sorry I can't link you to her blog. I am trying to be better about that but you see it and then forget the blog address. My niece sent an invite to pinterest...guess I need to start using it!!

Anyway, the card uses the Treasure Life (D1306 417.95) stamp set I so love and the Elemental paper packet (X7141B $9.95).

After layering the Elemental paper onto Daisy white cs I sponged the edge of the card with Sorbet. I love to sponge almost all my cards and mounting pieces. I feel it draws your eye into the center of the focal point. It acts like a frame.

On the center Sorbet cs I stamped the large flower with  Sorbet ink (Z2164 $5.25) then cleaned the stamp. I then stamped the flower again with Daisy White pigment ink (Z2163 $6.95   but moved the stamp slightly to the left creating a shadow. Love the effect this gives. Again sponged the edge of the Sorbet cs, mounted it onto a piece of Daisy white cs.

I finished the card with a Thank You I pick and omitted from a longer stamp of thank you's. I then rounded one end and, of course, sponged the edges.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment