Monday, October 17, 2011

Soft & Gentle are the Flowers

                                            Inspired by Creations by Karen.

I love the feel of this card. It is soft & gentle and reminds me of a warm day outside. Now that the weather has turned I really miss being able to be outside and not be cold. But that's why they call them seasons. I have lived in places where there are no real seasons and I must say I do enjoy them. So, I will live vicariously through my art and look forward to warmer weather.

This card is using the Treasure Life set (D1306 $17.95) and the Elemental paper packet (X7141B $9.95). Starting with a Daisy white card base I layered the front with Kraft paper, then layered Cocoa for the mat. Elemental B/T paper on the bottom, Daisy White cs on top. Cocoa ribbon divides the two pieces and covers any gap there may be.

Stamping the flowers into Honey ink, then the stems into NE Ivy, stamp onto white cs. Without reinking the image, stamp again for 2nd generation. This technique gives you that dimensional look the easy way. Sponge all the way around the edge of the Daisy White cs with Honey ink to draw your eye into the center, like framing a picture. Stamp your sentiment in Cocoa onto the B/T paper.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with this card. The flowers go perfectly with the Elemental paper and the result is quite lovely. :-)

    ReplyDelete