Friday, October 14, 2011

Dreamin' of Fall



Do you sometimes lack inspiration? Me too!! But when I'm needy quick inspiration I just open up my Idea book. It is jammed packed with ideas and tips to make my creative time fun & productive.

Take this card for example. I found my inspiration from page 32 in the Fall/Winter book. Pictured is a My Creations Journal (Z1268 $7.95) which has a front cover made for it using the Dreamin' paper packet. I loved the look of it but didn't want to use Harvest Charms (Z1633 $4.95). Instead I stamped some leaves from Harvest Happiness (C1463 $13.95) cut with the Cricut AP cartridge. The leaves have been stamped with Crystal Blue & rolled into Moonstruck and Honey rolled into Moonstuck ink.

I used the Cricut AP cartridge to cut out the brackets behind the leaves. The largest is Moonstruck cs cut at 2 1/4" then Goldrush cs cut at 2 1/2". For the half bracket out of Bamboo cs I cut it at 3' then cut it in half and sponged with chocolate.

I've used the Dreamin' paper packet on the bottom, and Goldrush cs on the top. You will notice that the cs on top is paper pierced. For that I used the new Ruler (Z1471 $9.95) which has guide holes for even spacing you can poke your paper piercer through to get that pierced or faux stitching look. Also I used the ruler to evenly space the brads at the bottom of the card.

The paper in the center is zip-strip off the top of the B/T paper. This decorative 1/2" strip has a pattern or words on one side and the other side will show all the colors used in the paper packet you are working with. For this zip-strip I pleated my paper then sponged it in chocolate to bring out the pleats.

I finished with alittle Cocoa ribbon on top of the stems of the leaves.

All this was inspired by a picture in the Idea book. Guess that's why it's called an Idea book and not a catalog....

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment