Thursday, October 13, 2011

Remarkable Wreath





I LOVE this set! Remarkable Wreath (C1463 $13.95) is probably one of my favorite sets in the Fall/Winter Idea book. You can do soooo much with it for every season and occasion. Here I'm taking it in the Christmas direction.

Using the Believe paper packet, which to me is very whimsical, I've chosen to use the plaid side of the B/T paper. I love plaid at Christmas so this pattern works for me but you could also use Roxie paper and it would be wonderful too.

Using the Cricut AP cartridge I've cut the circle out at 2 3/4", then the frame behind it at 3 1/4". Stamp  the wreath with Cocoa ink and the berries with cranberry ink. Sponge the edge with NE Ivy.

Sponge the base card, which is 4x4, with NE Ivy. Adhere the B/T paper cut at 3 3/4"x3 3/4".

For the banner, cut a 1" wide strip 4" long. Notch out either side. Mount a piece of white cs 1 7/8" x 7/8", stamp your saying, sponge the edge. Using my scoring pad (Martha Stewart) I scored at 1" and 1 1/8" on either side. I then folded the score lines so the center of the banner was raised. I put mounting tape under the center and glue dots under the edges.

Once the card is all assembled I put Glitz Glitter Gel Red on some of the berries & the saying!

Whew! Hope that is helpful.

Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Loved making this card today. What a fun and unusual Christmas card, but with the stamp set it could be any kind of card.

    ReplyDelete