Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So Grateful



I'm so grateful for so many things, aren't you? Reading the paper, listening to the news is down right depressing unless you look at it as how blessed you are. How easy would it be for me to be in some of those situations? So for my family, where I live and the blessing I have received, I am grateful.

I'm also grateful that wonderful friends out there share their artwork on their blogs, on bulletin boards and through swaps. I received a card similar to this one and had to make one of my own. Then on a friend's blog, Creating with Adina, I saw this card almost exactly..great minds think alike. What I love about this card is how fast and easy it comes together.

Starting with a standard sized card, create 4 equal sized rectangles. Mount them onto card, not worrying about the middle perfectly meeting up as you have an image in the center which will cover up any misalignment. I've used the stamp set So Grateful (B1395 $9.95), Sorbet ink for pumpkin base and Sunset for the words overlay. The stem & leaves are in Olive. Stamp the stem and curly q's first then stamp & cut out 2 leaves. Mount the leaves to the card, one with mounting tape. Sponge the edge of the white cs with sorbet. Mount onto Olive cs.

Finish off with some ribbon from the Olive Mini Medley collection (Z1489 $4.95) and a Foundry Ribbon slide (Z1460 $4.95).

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment